Friday, January 1, 2010

Bring it 2010

As we begin the year 2010... I want to share a little poem I'm hoping to use as my motto this year. Now disclaimer. I did not write it and I don't know who did, however, they were truly on to something! So, without further delay...

Risk

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair
To try is to risk failure...
But risk must be taken, because life's greatest hazard is to risk nothing.
One may avoid suffering and sorrow, but cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love or live.
Only the person that risks is free....


-Unknown

I love this because I know I need to take more risks in my life... Sometimes I feel like I already do, however, I'm timid if I do actually risk... I think we all can take a little more risk in life if we truly want to learn and grow... We are all here to learn and grow... we can't do that till we take some risks.... Even if it means getting hurt or rejected...

2 comments:

Jenefer said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing it with us! It's nice to see an update from you!!

Keep it going! And....take a risk!

Katie said...

HOLY COW!!! How are you? What are you up to these days. YES - let's get together when you are in town. E-mail me misskatiebugATgmailDOTcom