Sunday, September 6, 2009

Where did Summer go???

I would like to know what happened to summer??? It seems to have come and gone without even lingering! Now I am back in school! Moving to a traditional school year it exciting and also a little scary! I got used to my breaks and looked forward to them. The other problem is... I didn't get much of a summer! I have been able to stay very busy! Although I taught through June, I did have some fun playing... Here are just a few of my fun adventures!

First, I've already blogged about it but my summer adventures started with Nauvoo with the Moores! They are so FANTASTIC! The week after Nauvoo, I had the wonderful experience to go to Moab to go White Water Rafting for the FIRST TIME! It was all for a good cause. I attended Rafting for the cure! It was a BLAST! We are going next year too if anyone wants to come!!! We did lose a couple of our friends through one rapid... I was not among them! We all had a great time! I look forward to next year!!!


Here is the gang!
We ALL survived!!! I can't wait till next year!

The week school got out... my friends came to town!!! Matt entered the MTC on July 8th! It was great to get the gang together! Here I am with the not only the Moores, but my dear companions I got to work with! I spent ALL my time with them! We went to Temple Square, saw the Joseph Smith movie... and did many many many things! It was very hard to say good bye...



After saying good bye to the Moores, I headed straight to Logan for a teaching conference... It didn't come without its perks! The bad news was I missed the first day of the conference. I was under the impression it started on Wednesday when in fact, it started on Tuesday! OOPS! The good news is... it opened up some extra time to see more friends and do a little hiking!
This is me at the trail head of Naomi Peak. It was quite a hike! I loved it! It was SO beautiful! It was my first time! Camilla (an old roommate) and I took of around 10am and were gone almost ALL day! It was great!


Look at that view!


Camilla and I
Lets be honest... No trip to Logan is complete without a visit to MY waterfall! Sunday afternoon after church, I took off to my favorite place in Logan! MY waterfall! It is so relaxing here! There is a rock near by where I like to sit, feel the waterfall mist and relax or write in my journal. It may not seem like much to some people, however, it is my favorite place. It's so beautiful and peaceful here!


There have been many other adventures this summer... More to come and soon... I promise! Any chance I have to be in nature I will take it! We truly live in such a beautiful place! It's so easy to take it for granted sometimes... Until next time! Enjoy the pictures! I know I DO!

No comments: