Sunday, June 14, 2009

Why do I have a blog again???

So I have never professed to be good at blogging... I started it with good intentions of writing about my exciting life... well as it appears... it's not as exciting as I thought... at least I haven't been writing about the exciting things... is anyone still reading me? Let me know... I'd hate to think my efforts were in vain... maybe if I blogged more I'd have more interested readers... maybe not!!! Let me see, what have I been up to.... I'm about to finish my first year of teaching. It's been exciting, stressful, and hard! I've learned a great deal and wish I was better at managing my time. I find myself spending more time in my classroom than I'd like and I wish I could just be comfortable leaving and let the pieces fall where they may! Alas, I'm too much of a perfectionist to do so.... I do hope next year will be better! I still can't believe I only have 3 weeks left! I'm really going to miss my class! I've been extremely blessed with a fantastic class...

I still can't believe the year is coming to a close... It has kept me really busy and I look forward to a nice break. As many of you may have learned already, it's been a stressful couple of months. Just before spring break in April, I learned that there would only be 3 fourth grade classes next year. Causing me have to transfer schools. It's been hard... and I was faced with some choices. As an involuntary transfer, I have to accept every interview and the first job offered me. This can be very scary... although I hope to have the opportunity to teach different grades, I didn't want to have to change my second year. I was also nervous as to which school I would teach at. Davis school district is really large! After a about 3 weeks of waiting for interviews, I finally started getting calls. Long story short... I was offered on the spot to teach 4th grade at a brand new elementary school! YEPPIE! I"m not only going to a new school but I'm going with many of my faculty and some of the students from my school! I'm excited for the new adventure!!! I'm so glad I can teach the same grade next year and not have to repeat my first year!!! And what a great opportunity to be part of a BRAND NEW SCHOOL!!!!

3 comments:

Cami said...

I read your blog!! Keep it up! I love hearing what you are doing even though I usually talk to you on the phone! I'm yippie-ing with you and hang in there!

The Johnsen7 said...

Of course I read your blog! You better keep blogging! Blog more! :) I know it was a stressful time for you, but I am very excited that you got the position you did! You will be awesome again at 4th grade! You are blessed. Now, come visit me!! We miss you!

Stacy Family said...

I read our family blogs to my girls every chance I get. They love hearing about what is going on in the family. What an amazing opportunity you have ahead of you, we are very excited for you, and pray for good things for you always!!